Come on a journey of inspiration & adventure while renovate & restore a beautiful Victorian home 'St Elmo' in the picturesque Hunter Valley, Australia & laugh at a few of our family adventures along the way.




Monday, July 26, 2010

Warm as toast!

Ah, Winter!!!
I would like to think the worst of it is behind us, not that we experience anything to cold here in the Hunter Valley, but it has still been chilly. Especially in the evening.
I love the WOW factor a fireplace can add to a home. Not only do they create a warm & cosy atmosphere in the winter time, they also make a beautiful feature in any room, year round!!! 


If you had a library in your home wouldn't it be lovely to curl up with a good book & a glass of wine in front of the fire....


This stone feature is beautiful, rustic but classic all at the same time...


How about a long hot soak in the tub with the fire to keep the bathroom lovely & toasty, I think if you have a bathroom that looks this incredible, you just know you've made it... This, to me is just the ultimate luxury!


How romantic to have a gorgeous fireplace in the master bedroom...


Some fabulous dinner parties & wonderful conversation could certainly be had in this dining room...


I'm not sure what room this fireplace is in but it is very pretty & feminine, Don't you think?


This patio fireplace would certainly extend your outdoor entertaining well into the cooler months...


This ultra modern glass fire is incredible...

It goes to show there is a place in every home to put a fire place & a style to match.

We are looking at installing a fireplace in our dream home, most likely a gas fueled fire or possibly electric as we will be using bottled gas. I like a nice traditional style, with a lovely mantle that I can dress up.
How about you, do you have a fireplace at your house?

CHEERS
Trishxxx

17 comments:

melli said...

Yes please!! i love fire places too. thanks for sharing these gorgeous images and hope you keep warm xx

alicia said...

I can't even imagine one in the bathroom, but my next house MUST have the patio fireplace. That rocks.

Blogs said...

I'm all for cozy puuuleaze! That bathroom is fabulous:)

Cameron said...

Oh wow I LOVE that glass one! I do have a tendency to love the modern stuff. That's so awesome!

Tara said...

That bathroom is to die for...I'd definetly prune up in there ..I wouldn't want to leave..Have a great week..xx

Unknown said...

How cool is that last glass fireplace....probbaly not something I could ever use in my home but in my magazine life it would look perfect....and every other room would have one of those stone set fires....Have a great day

Laura said...

I would looove a fireplace in my bathroom! In fact, if my bathroom was big enough for a fireplace I would be happy!!!!
lots of hugs,
Lauraxx

Anonymous said...

We had a fire place in our last house and we really miss it! The rental has a gas log fire and it pumps out the heat! We have a fireplace on the plan for the new home and husband and I are currently debating wood or gas. Gas is clean, quick and easy. Wood is messy, smelly but you cant beat the ambiance it creates. A great lot of images! What stage are you at with your house building plans?
X Briohny.

Leigha said...

Oh, that pretty and feminine fireplace is so gorgeous.

count it all joy said...

Love them. Love them all. I've been chilly all day and the thought of these cosy fires is just divine. What a gorgeous blog you have:) Meredy xo.

Jenny said...

Hi Trish, well I am still waiting for my fireplace quotation and winter is well and truly over the half way mark. I can't believe how long it is taking but yes we are 'trying' to put a firebox downstairs. The challenge for us being the extra long flu due to our house being two storey. I love all of the images you have posted especially that bathroom one. Have a great week. :-)

Ez said...

It would be AMAZING to have a fire place in the main bedroom but I think I'd have to settle for one on an outdoor patio - gotta keep that entertaining going all year round! ;-)

Ange said...

I love an open fire in winter although these days I'd probably go gas. Here in QLD it would be rather redundant though. We haven't even turned a heater on this year!!!
Angex

Dream House Trish said...

So it seems everyone is drawn to the humble fireplace & although we all dream of the luxury of having one in the bedroom or ensuite, us everyday humans will have to settle for possibly having one in the living area or patio...unless of course we win the lottery!!!
Cheers

Honey I'm Home Blog said...

Yep, you're on the other side of the world all right! We are sweltering in the "dog days of summer" - do you have that expression. That's the nice thing about seasons--when we tire of one, it's time for the next! Pretty fireplaces!

Warmly, Michelle

Millie said...

I do love our fireplace, but I love it even more when MOTH gets up earlier than me, cleans it out, resets it & has it blazing when I wander out to face another freezing cold, icy Adelaide Hills morning!
Millie ^_^

A Room For Everyone said...

We did, but we removed it.. It was just in the wrong spot unfortunately. I long for one now, they are so cosy..Gorgeous images you've posted. I've been looking for pictures of sisal rugs and the one in the dining room image looks lovely. Have a great weekend..Rachaelxx

AddThis Smart Layers