Come on a journey of inspiration & adventure while renovate & restore a beautiful Victorian home 'St Elmo' in the picturesque Hunter Valley, Australia & laugh at a few of our family adventures along the way.




Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Fancy a Faux Fireplace

Image via wicker & stitch

When we finally build our dream house I really do fancy the idea of a faux fireplace in the master bedroom...


Something to add a little romance to the boudoir


I don't want an actual fire, just the mantle to give a hint of what could be...

Image via My shabby stream side studio

A lovely arrangement of fragrant candles is all the flame I require!

Image via Urban farm girl

Accompanied by a pretty pendant light or chandelier

Image via My Summerhouse

with a mirrored firescreen to add a little extra spark & give it a stunning finish


of course a lovely accent chair would also be fitting in such a romantic space


mirrors really do add that extra bling a girl needs...

Image via Dreamy whites

I know this isn't in a bedroom but still its so feminine & pretty I just had to include it...



Now a bit of the romance will be lost when I place the TV above it, but, what better way to display the big black box...

Image via DIY Show off
Perhaps I could get my dream guy to build a picture frame around the TV to make it look like art & help keep the romantic look of our dream bedroom.
That is IF I can talk him into the Faux fireplace to start with, at least this is a decorating item that can be added to your decor any time, so I can work on this one at a later date. The poor man, lucky he doesn't read my blog, he would know just how many ideas I have for decorating this dream house, he would probably run a mile, LOL!!!

CHEERS
Trish xxx 





17 comments:

Just Martha said...

Maybe sell him on the fireplace and 'settle' for a faux one!! I am full of sneaky ideas. Hehehe. The Silver Fox doesn't read mine either, luckily for me...

Georgy said...

Love the faux fireplace in white. We have an art deco style one in our lounge, it just adds so much character to the room. I love to put candles on the mantle and sit back with a glass of red wine and enjoy. What a great idea for a romantic bedroom. Mmmm might have to think about doing it myself. G

Beautiful House said...

Hi Trish, what gorgeous rooms, the fireplace is a great idea, wish I thought of it sooner.

Unknown said...

I would love a faux fireplace, actually living in Orange I would love a fireplace that worked but with gas not wood, too messy! I would settle for the faux one just so I could have a mantle to decorate. xx

Ez said...

I would love to have an actual fire place, there is nothing nicer in the winter than snuggling up in front of the fire...however...I'd settle for a faux one for sure ;-)

Tina said...

I love our fireplace in our living room, but as Nellie has said, being wood it is VERY dirty...! I would love to put a fireplace surround and mantle in all the bedrooms...it always reminds me of the movie Mary Poppins:) Lol, I like Just Martha's idea for winning your hubby over to the idea ;) Hope you are having a wonderful week so far, Trish ~ Txx

Blogs said...

your ideas are wonderful....much like mine:) i love the faux fireplace idea:) perfect....

GoldenValley50 said...

I've been admiring all the Christmasy blogs with their cute litte stockings hung from fireplace mantles and wishing I had one here in the valley. The practicalities of a fireplace in the tropics is a zero however a "faux" fireplace - now that's a different story! Maybe I might be able to build one and then just pop it against a wall every Christmas? That way I would always have somewhere to hang the stockings........ ;)Sharyne

Laura said...

I love that idea trish! And i always worried about having a tv above it because of the smoke or gassy fumes, but if its just a faux, no need to worry!!! I wouldnt mind a real one either to be honest! I have had real ones in the past and i just loved them. The mess wasnt that bad, and it didnt bother me. it was worth it to have a roaring fire!
Enjoy your thursday!!
Laura xxx

Jane @ the girl in the brick house said...

Oh my goodness, I can't believe you're posting on this as I have been secretly thinking the same thing! We're not having a fireplace in our new house but I do love a mantel to put things on and I love the look of them. Had thought of having a faux one in the dining area but have yet to suggest it to anyone!!

Tara said...

Hi Trish, I had one in our loungeroom a few years back and it was lovely..BUT then I get the bug and redo everything..I must say though the lady who bought it off me on Ebay was over the moon..xx

Unknown said...

I think a faux fire place is a great idea, I am dreaming of a mantle at the moment with all the beautiful Christmas pics around now. I laughed about if hubby read your blog.... You probably hear a panicked 'Triiiiiiiiiiiish!!!!' coming from the study. :)
Jxx

Julie-Ann said...

Lol you never reveal your whole plan to your hubby- it is too overwhelming for the darlings:).
Gorgeous images. I love the idea of a fireplace in the bedroom. I actually had a client who agreed to do it and we found out in WA you can't put a gas fire in a bedroom. So a faux one will be perfect.
Did you see the TV that is hidden by a piece of art that we showed on the Decorating Forum? It was very clever.

Honey I'm Home Blog said...

Hello Trish. Great post! I nominated you & your wonderful blog for the "Stylish Blogger Award". Please pop over to learn more. You're great!

Warmly, Michelle

Raine and Sage said...

I would really like a mantle. There are so many options for decoracting them be it celebrations, or just for the fun of it. You should get one! :)

Tanya (a Taste of T) said...

This is just ONE house? I want to move in.

Linda @ theLENNOXX said...

Great post! I've always wanted a mantel to decorate, I thing this would be a great solution as it can go anywhere in the house. I love when they put candles in there too.

BTW congratulations on the award, you stylish girl ;)

xo Linda

AddThis Smart Layers