Come on a journey of inspiration & adventure while renovate & restore a beautiful Victorian home 'St Elmo' in the picturesque Hunter Valley, Australia & laugh at a few of our family adventures along the way.




Saturday, December 4, 2010

Stylish Blogger Award

WOOOT WOOT!!!

Me, a stylish blogger, YAY!!!
I have always wanted to be stylish in some way!


I have to say a huge THANK YOU to
for passing on The Stylish Blogger Award

Michelle is a wife, mum & interior decorator. She is a wonderful caring lady who does a lot of great things in her community.
Michelle is also very creative often showcasing some wonderful crafty projects.
Drop by & say Hi to her!!

Now I am supposed to tell you a few things about myself
&
then pass this award onto a few other bloggers.

About Moi!!!


When I was an apprentice hairdresser, my dream was to own my own salon, it took me 20yrs,
 but I did it!!!



When I worked as a fitness instructor, I dreamt of owning a personal training studio,
I did that!!


AMBITION
"Aspire to climb as high as one dreams"

Now I am a stay at home mum & I appear to have lost my MO JO,
I  have NO dreams in the career department...
I hope it returns soon!!!

Having children has taught me to be a little less obsessive about my home,
I love to see things perfectly polished & in place, but some days its like fighting a loosing battle...
Oh well, tomorrow is another day!!!


Since I have began blogging I have really started to admire peoples photography skills & have a real desire to become more skillful in this area.
I have asked my dream guy if he will buy me a digital SLR camera for Xmas & a basic photography course to go with it. I would like to learn how to use all of the features on my new camera right from the start.

Blogs I would like to pass the Award to...

Tina at Rubies Place

Tina is a real inspiration to me, she is a mum to 3 gorgeous girls, a wife, she is doing a university degree to be a primary school teacher, she has an Etsy store full of her beautiful creations & she still finds time to decorate her own home, oh & email me some little tid bits of inspiring ideas she just knows will melt my heart
. A modern day wonder woman I say!!!

Drop by Tina's blog & her etsy store for some good old fashioned rural Australian inspiration!!!


Jane is another one of those inspirational bloggers ya just gotta meet. Jane's blog is about the journey she , her hubby & two girls have embarked on to knock down their two bedroom cottage in Sydney, recycle & reuse many of the materials to rebuild a fantastic environmentally responsible dream home. I'm loving her story so far.
This week Jane also surprised her followers by announcing she had just published her first novel, now to me that is impressive!!!

My Novel

Doesn't the cover look fabulous!!!
Drop by & catch up with Jane, you will love her!!!


Kerri is another amazing talent I have come to admire in the land of blog.
Kerri is an artist & designer, a wife & a mum & her achievements are very inspiring. She recently started selling her incredible art work thru her new Etsy store & I don't think she has slowed down since, producing one master piece after another.
When I eventually get a house, one of my first shopping ventures will be to Kerri's to get some fabulous art.
You will also want to check out the super stylish renovating & decorating she does in her own home, its really lovely!!

Now I found this part a little traumatic & could probably just publish my whole blog roll for this award as

I LUUURVE YOU ALLL!!!!!

Have a lovely weekend every one!

CHEERS
Trish xxx

10 comments:

Tina said...

Trish, I loved learning more things about you:D You have achieved so much already, owning both a hair salon and a fitness business-WOW!! As for losing your mojo, I think a lot of SAHMs feel the same when their kiddies are young. As a SAHM who has decided to change careers at dare I say it 40...the inspiration and mojo will hit you when you least expect it, so sit back and enjoy the ride with your sweeties :D Hope you get your Xmas wish, and am also hoping you can pass on some of your photography tips! THANK YOU so much for passing this award onto me, you are just the sweetest and I could turn your words around and send them straight back to you. I am so glad we have become bloggy friends...we country girls need to stick together ;) Huge hugs for a wonderful Sunday, Trish ~ Txx

Jane @ the girl in the brick house said...

OMG! Thank you so much, Trish, for your kind words and for mentioning my book. This blogging lark really makes my day - so many wonderful, supportive people and so many great ideas, too. Thanks again - you made my day!

Beautiful House said...

Congratulations Trish, you are a very stylish blogger. You have achieved so much and with four gorgeous kids, I too would love a new camera, I've also noticed all the great quality photos out there. Enjoy your Sunday.x

Just Martha said...

Congratulations!! Couldn't have gone to a better person. Wonderful hearing more about you too. I really l-o-v-e your blog. As for mojo... planning a house takes alot of time, energy and focus. Don't be so hard on yourself.... :-)

Honey I'm Home Blog said...

Hi Trish, Thank you for the "shout out" (do you have that expression?)! I enjoyed learning more about you.

Warmly, Michelle

Life in the Country Lane said...

A great read Trish. You have acheived a lot, and Im sure your mojo will return - sometimes other things in life take our focus. You have chosen some great fellow bloggers, but I am yet to read about Jane, so off to take a look.
Congrats as you are a stylish blogger!
Rebecca x

Paula said...

Yay Trish, Congratulations (it's no surprise) and this is a great post. Great to learn more about you, your accomplishments and dreams. Love your images too x

Blogs said...

wow...ur pretty darn fabulous....i wish i owned something still:) hehe....love ya babe

Paper Tree Studio said...

We always knew you were stylish Trish! Congrats on the award. It was great to learn a little more about you. Michelle

Julie@beingRUBY said...

Hi Trish
Congratulations on your award!! fabulous. and looking at all your achievements you really deserve a follow through award!!! You know my first job was as an apprentice hairdresser... before I got sucked into the world of IT

Gee I hope Santa brings you the longed for dslr and taking lessons sounds like a perfect way to start....

Love all the girls you have awarded.. another list of great achievers!!!

Have a wonderful weekend and thanks for popping by.. ciao xxx Julie

AddThis Smart Layers