Come on a journey of inspiration & adventure while renovate & restore a beautiful Victorian home 'St Elmo' in the picturesque Hunter Valley, Australia & laugh at a few of our family adventures along the way.




Saturday, January 29, 2011

Fun in the sun

Hey everyone
I thought I would show you a bit of my week!

This is me with my Mum & Dad

We celebrate Australia Day every year with the same group of people, plus a few extras. Its kind of a tradition we began 2 years ago, for all of us Lithgow people who moved to the Hunter Valley.



We have a lovely time swimming in my girlfriends pool for the day, with a BBQ  lunch & dinner.
My 3yr old is a bit of a dare devil & spent her day jumping from the pool wall !!
I am so thankful for swimming lessons, she can dog paddle ALL day. She swam from 11am till 10pm & was exhausted beyond belief!!!



This is my 15 year old daughter  & I think she will hate this photo for ever, I like to call it
 "BUSTED"
 I thought she was spending a few days staying at her friends house here, going to the beach in Newcastle, but it turns out she SNUCK on the train to sydney & spent her Australia Day at Coogee, with a completely different group of friends( after I had specifically said she wasn't allowed to go)
As you can imagine she is officiall GROUNDED from here to eternity!!!
Its a sickening feeling to think your child was in a completely different city than you thought,travelling on trains by herself. "I was fine mum" was her statement when I suggested something terrible could have happened  & we would have been looking in completely the wrong place for her. She isn't old enough to drive so has NO identification what so ever! 
Don't ya just love facebook & the fact that teenagers have to show the world how cool they are, I was a little suspicious when she wasn't keen to chat to me on her mobile or share any of her experinces for the 3 days, especially when my older daughter couldn't stop raving about all of the fun things going on at Nobby's beach in Newcastle.

We also had a visit in our garage from this fabulous creature...


& look, he was only to happy to pose  for a few pics!!!


we popped him in the garden, but I had to try a few shots with the macro setting on my new camera.



Today we are off to celebrate my handsome little nephews 3rd birthday, he is a little guy with a BIG personality, so it should be a fun day.


He is my brothers first child & over the years Glenn has given my children some rather annoying wonderful gifts, so I have purchased "H" a fabulously loud wiggles keyboard. He can play his own tunes or listen to the same 4 songs, over & over & over....
Ahhhh revenge is sweet!!!
He He He


What have you got planned for your weekend?

CHEERS
Trish xxx

9 comments:

Just Martha said...

Great family gathering Trish! Scary about your daughter. Keen to know how you handle it as I have nominated you as my role model seeings that I am a fledgling with my 12-soon-to-be-13 year old. 1st day of high school looming...

MrsKT said...

Great post, Trish! Oh dear to the daughter getting busted on FB in the wrong town, celebrating Australia Day.

Hope "H" has a wonderful birthday. Love payback when it comes to the noisy toys. Say hi to Jaime for me.

Katena x

Tara said...

Hi Trish,we were in Surfers for Australia Day.MY 16 year old would probably try the same thing..Grounded..That word certainly gets a work out with teenagers,Doesn't it !!!

Kym said...

Oh my Trish..how scary for you..they think they are invincible....hope all works out. Despite being busted it looks like the rest of you had a wonderful day.. Enjoy your weekend ~ Kym

Design Elements said...

lovely post!

Anonymous said...

Hi Trishy,

Love the post. New camera is working beautifully.

Looks like everyone had fun.

lisa mae said...

looks like you had loads of fun.......oh my goodness pretty scary about your daughter {i have to say i was that daughter} and the thought now of what i put my parents through is awefull, i still get teased for the silly things i did, and at least we can laugh about it now.........although there are some scary people around and safety is a major issue, and the sad thing is at that age {they just don't seem to get it} untill there older........hope your having a wonderful weekend, love your honestly in your posts xx

Ez said...

So much fun had over the past week!

Doesnt she look so innocent in that picture though ;-)

xx

Anonymous said...

Terrific photos Trish. Looks like you had a blast.
I can't count how many times I snuck out when I was a kid and got up to no good. Most of the time I was "fine", but I did get into some close calls. Now that I'm a parent I just want to jump out of my skin when I think of my daughters one day becoming teenagers!
I'm glad she was ok though, but I feel what you're saying that's for sure.
Megs x

AddThis Smart Layers