Come on a journey of inspiration & adventure while renovate & restore a beautiful Victorian home 'St Elmo' in the picturesque Hunter Valley, Australia & laugh at a few of our family adventures along the way.




Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Kitchen style

This beautiful kitchen is the work of Jennifer Brouwer, who is definately becoming one of my favourite designers

Decor by Jennifer Inc contemporary kitchen
She regularly showcases her very stylish work on Houzz 

Decor by Jennifer Inc contemporary kitchen

My previous post was about a lovely bathroom Jennifer had designed

Decor by Jennifer Inc contemporary kitchen

Love those pendant lights

Decor by Jennifer Inc contemporary living room

A view looking back at the otherside of the kitchen from the family room

Decor by Jennifer Inc contemporary kitchen

The contrasting island bench is a striking feature

Decor by Jennifer Inc kitchen

I am really loving the shimmer on the tiles used for the backsplash, I find myself drawn to these small rectangular tiles in a lot of kitchen images of late, I think these are what I will be opting for when I build my house, not that much is happening in that department at the moment...unfortunately!

Having so much inspiration available to me thru blogging has helped me to make so many design plans for my dream home. At first it created a lot of  confusion, but now I am pretty certain about the style I love...I guess it will all come down to budget when the time comes.
Mmmmmm.....please don't let my ideas be bigger than my budget!!!!

CHEERS
Trish xxx

4 comments:

April Robinson said...

Hi Trish,

This is a great kitchen. I like the way you dream. Don't ever stifle your dreams for budget - there's always a workaround. :-)

April
I Buy Flooring Wholesale (and everything else too)

Karen said...

Beautiful, I could move right in and not have to change a thing.

Julie@beingRUBY said...

Hi Trish
Love the cabinetry and hardware... and like those tiles also.. can't quite see the size.. are they subway tiles? I think I'll be having those when 'one day' I have my own place.

thanks so much for entering the giveaway.. and for lurking!!! hahaha.. have a great weekend.. ciao xxx Julie

Annie said...

I think no matter what your dreams will be bigger than your budget. I also LOVE those rectangle small tiles. However, in my dream house my backsplash will have a bit more color than just white but I think it is pretty. You are the best trish. When I build my dream house I'm gonna use your blog and taste as my inspiration. We are very similar.

AddThis Smart Layers