Come on a journey of inspiration & adventure while renovate & restore a beautiful Victorian home 'St Elmo' in the picturesque Hunter Valley, Australia & laugh at a few of our family adventures along the way.




Tuesday, April 12, 2011

An outdoor dining project

With the dream house taking a little longer to get off the ground than we ever imagined, we have begun to get a little tired of having a lot of our favourite things in storage.
The house we rent is much smaller than we are used to, it was only meant to be temporary, but, here we are two years later & no end in sight.


At our back door we had a nice big slab of concrete & nothing more, exposing the back of the house to the hot afternoon sun as well as the rain, so my ultra clever dream guy whipped up a fabulous alfresco area...


 We have a handrail all the way around with a gate to keep our enormous drooling dog out.This is what he does best mind you!



Its been nice to be able to have friends over & sit outside with nibblies & drinks


I stitched up some cushions from some bargain fabric that I purchased on sale at spotlight, originally
 $18.99 mtr, I only paid $4.00 mtr, YAY for me !!


My dream guy gave me this fabulous lantern as a birthday present, I burn a citronella candle in it which smells divine & keeps the mosquitos at bay....


Not only did we bring our outdoor setting out of storage, we also managed to find a place for my beloved "arles clock" . I got it at Freedom years ago, before big clocks became super trendy & I don't think I will ever tire of it!!!

Hope you love our new outdoor space, drop by & have a glass of wine with me anytime!!!

CHEERS
Trish xxx




12 comments:

Just Martha said...

I might just do that one of these days!! Your dog has the right idea...

Jenny said...

It looks great Trish and I love the clock, I have a very similar one. I would love to sit out there and have a glass of wine with you! Enjoy your new space. ;-)

Mimi said...

Hi Trish, it looks fantastic, I just love your clock and your cushions look beautiful against the candle holder. A perfect setting! Mimi xx

Unknown said...

Your outdoor area looks fabulous Trish. I love your new cushions and of course the clock is fabulous. xx

Anonymous said...

Hey Trish, it is a great little outdoor area. It was really good at the party and I love the lantern and cushions. I got a couple of good reflection shots of the lantern at the party that I haven't had a chance to post yet.

Shayne said...

Gorgeous - especially love those cushions ;)

And your dog is divine!!

I am heading up to the Hunter Valley tomorrow actually, looking very forward to a few days away from Sydney.

Kellie Collis said...

Fabulous! The clock looks gorgeous! Enjoy the wonderful day, Kellie xx

Paula said...

Fantastic Trish - love the lantern too x

littlekarstar said...

Love those cushions and the lantern!

Adriel Booker said...

I love your pillows (nice find with the fabric deal!) and the lantern. Oh, the lantern! I have a THING for lanterns. :)

Laura said...

Love your area trish, what a fantastic job you did with the cushions!! love your clock too! and lantern! wish i could stop by and have a glass with you!!! Hope you will be enjoying the holidays with your kiddies!
Laura xx

brismod said...

Well done for whipping up a space while you wait for the dream house. The cushions and the clock are great pieces. Know what you mean about the clock...I have an original bus roll I've had for nearly a decade...and now they're everywhere! xx

AddThis Smart Layers