Come on a journey of inspiration & adventure while renovate & restore a beautiful Victorian home 'St Elmo' in the picturesque Hunter Valley, Australia & laugh at a few of our family adventures along the way.




Wednesday, May 11, 2011

I missed my 1st Blogiversary

I cant believe it....
I actually missed the 1st anniversary of my blog, my obsession, my link to the inspiring world!

I guess time flies when your having fun!!

I started this little blog on May 6th 2010, with no clue as to how addicted to blogging I would become.
I now have an incredibly lovely 175 followers, who I appreciate & treasure.
Your support & encouragement has been wonderful, I look forward to reading any comments that you have time to leave & I love looking at my stats to see lots of others have dropped by to read my rambling!!!

Image via Decorpad

Then there are the blogs I follow myself, HUNDREDS, actually.
I sometimes find it difficult to stop reading long enough to write my own posts!
So many beautiful images, fabulous make overs, tutorials, family adventures, weddings,divorces, parties & babies born.
I have laughed for some & cried for others & layed awake at night worrying & wishing I could solve a total strangers woes...crazy stuff really!
I guess that is what blogging becomes, a world where the people you meet are caring, thoughtful & supportive...even though we really are strangers, we are friends at the same time...
No wonder we become addicts!!!

Image via Ethan Allen

I started this blog thinking I would be beginning the building process of my dream house in the near future & would be telling of the journey we take in the process. Well here we are one year later & no ground has been broken, ALTHOUGH
all is not lost. There has been plenty of research, lots of highs , lows, frustrations & uncertainty & it appears we are now ready to move forward.
We are now FINALLY ready to sit with a draughtsmen to start some plans, we are pretty certain that we will follow the owner builder path & knock this baby up ourselves( well my dream guy will anyway)
Things are moving forward, slowly but surely, perhaps the next 12 months of blogging will see a dream house break ground!!!

So thank you for being my blog friends & I hope you stick around a little longer, a dream house will come,
I promise!

Now I have to go, bloggers are posting wonderful eye candy for me to drool over....

CHEERS
Trish xxx

18 comments:

Beautiful House said...

Oh Trish, Congratulations, what a lovely post. Thank you for being my bloggy friend.x

Claudia Lane said...

Hi Trish! Have found you, I really like your blog!
Am following :))
xo

Anonymous said...

Hey Trishy, that's lovely and thankyou for inspiring me to blog also.

xxx

Jenny said...

Happy 1 year of blogging Trish! It has been fun following you and I look forward to seeing your dream home become a reality in the near future. ;-)

Raine and Sage said...

Congratulations Trish! Wow a year goes past quickly. You always share such inspiring ideas, and don't worry about taking things slowly, I'm in the same boat, reciting your mantra! :)

Tara said...

Time flies when you're having fun Trish..I'll definetly be sticking around to see that dream home..xx

Ela said...

Happy Blogger-versary!

Jane said...

Oh, happy 1st blogoversary, Trish! Bravo you. This bloggy caper is just captivating, isn't it? And yes, you know I understand you about the whole addiction thing - I'm still in bloggy rehab ☺. J x

Mimi said...

Trish, you were one of my first followers and I thank you. I too get so much inspiration from your blog and others. The caring thoughts from people just make blogging a wonderful place to be. Enjoy putting your plans together. Mimi xx

Adriel Booker said...

oh, big congratulations on your blog anniversary! i just had mine too. isn't it amazing how quickly a year goes? here's to many more! (and a dream house squeezed in there!)

Paula said...

Happy blog anniversary, Trish and thanks for being my blogging buddy x

Ez said...

HAPPY BLOGIVERSARY!!

Time does fly when your having fun...or whilst I am having fun reading your blog!

x

Honey I'm Home Blog said...

Congrats Trish! Come to think of it, I missed my Blogiversary too! I love these sentiments you've expressed to sum up a year of blogging. So glad we are "blog friends".

Warmly, Michelle

brismod said...

Well done on your first year blogging Trish! Here's to you guys breaking ground in the next 12 months! xx

A Room For Everyone said...

Happy Anniversary! I feel the same way about blogging. I don't have a lot of time for it, but I insist on finding some as it's important to me to be part of such a lovely community and have a creative outlet. I'm pleased to hear that you'll be working on your plans soon, very exciting! Rachaelxx

Letitia Linke - The White Shed said...

Congratulations Trish! My anniversary is coming up too. Love all of those images. Letitia xx

Laura said...

I missed mine too trish!! dont worry! Hope things get moving soon with the building...
thankyou for a year of your lovely bloggy friendship!
Laura xxxx

Raine and Sage said...

Happy Anniversary again Trish! I think the Blog melt-down ate up my comment.
What an achievment, and brilliant record to look back on. Look how far you've come with your photography skills alone.
A dream home also wanted by me. :)

AddThis Smart Layers