Come on a journey of inspiration & adventure while renovate & restore a beautiful Victorian home 'St Elmo' in the picturesque Hunter Valley, Australia & laugh at a few of our family adventures along the way.




Monday, June 13, 2011

Fabulous colour scheme

Heather Garrett Design contemporary living room

Im really loving this colour scheme at the moment. This lounge or sitting room has so many features I would love for my own home...

Heather Garrett Design contemporary living room

I dream of a fireplace & a tufted ottoman, love the round mirror & the patterned cushions.
I still have plans of attempting to make a tufted ottoman, BUT, haven't decided if it should be rectangle like the one in this image, or square(900x900mm)

 I am generally a girl that paints my house a warm white right through, but I am considering adding some drama into the more formal areas with the use of a darker grey, perhaps not quite as dark as this as Im not THAT daring, unfortunately.

I also love the drum pendant light, I wonder how it looks close up?

The weather has been rather miserable here this weekend, so I have had plenty of blog reading time which has been fabulous.
Unfortunately blogger hasn't always allowed me to comment.
I just wanted to let you know I have dropped by to visit. I have been inspired by so much creativity, Ive learnt from some fabulous tutorials & chuckled at some fun stories of your weekend adventures & thoriughly enjoyed the beautiful images you have all displayed.
Hopefully these commenting issues will be ironed out soon. I am now trying to learn how to navigate the new changes to my dashboard.
Have you been converted to the new blogger or are you still enjoying the old system?

Have a tremendous week everyone!!

CHEERS
Trish xxx





 


13 comments:

Laura said...

Hi there trish, lovely room. I would love to attempt a tufted ottoman too!! Have a lovely warm gorgeous day!!
Laura xx

Paula said...

Love the tones here, Trish. Hope you're enjoying the long weekend x

Georgy said...

The room looks so elegant, the colour really adds to this feel. I too am a white girl and would love to be a little more daring. Hope you had a good weekend. Gx

Letitia Linke - The White Shed said...

I LOVE that room Trish! I am considering putting in a fireplace, just haven't decided exactly where yet. Letitia xx

Ana @ A Touch of Sweetness said...

Ohhh... I'm so glad you posted this! This is the exact wall colour I have been looking for! Now I can show the hubby what I mean by "Grey"! Thanks Trish! :)

The Cuban In My Coffee said...

Hi Trish, I absolutely looove this room! I just found your blog and it is great! I love the use of grey and creamy whites. I also love that pendant light!!! Great post

Helen M said...

Be bold and go for it!!! you know that colour looks amazing so do it....NOW !!!

Mimi said...

A beautiful room Trish. As I am doing an interior's course I too would love to paint a room with a little colour. Mimi xx

Jane said...

Definitely go for the dark grey - love it and I also like that pendant. Would be so nice at night.Jane @ the girl in the brick house.

Sarah said...

So pretty .. love it! I recently painted my bedroom gray & white with random pops of yellow and love gray! It's so relaxing and fresh.

~Sarah
DearSarah

Honey I'm Home Blog said...

Hi Trish, I love these photos. I never thought grey would come "back in"! I've been able to comment just fine on other blogs, but I have gotten emails about readers not being able to comment on mine. Weird.

Warmly, MIchelle

Annie said...

Trish I need you to come vote on my latest post. I trust your opinion more than almost anyone. Thanks. Blog more! I crave your thoughts.

Annie

esss said...

I have been amazed at how well thing have gone.. By the way I love your blog...
College Essays

AddThis Smart Layers