Come on a journey of inspiration & adventure while renovate & restore a beautiful Victorian home 'St Elmo' in the picturesque Hunter Valley, Australia & laugh at a few of our family adventures along the way.




Thursday, October 13, 2011

I just love these oval mirrors from


Its called the Sussex Pivot Mirror and is $261 plus shipping of course which is another $96.
 Now I do believe that this is still a reasonable price for what it is, as I have found mirrors can be rather pricey here in Australia,
 BUT....
If anyone has seen something similar in our lovely country I would love to know about it. After all it is better to shop locally & keep Aussies in jobs!

It is nice however to see we are able to get things shipped here from Pottery Barn,things that just aren't available here. I fall in love with so many things that I see on some of my favourite US blogs that come from this store.

How about you, do you lust after American decor?

Do you have any hot Aussie mirror tips for me?

CHEERS
Trish xxx

11 comments:

KL said...

Oh God yes. I'm always in trouble! I've joined MyUs for a US address and forwarding service but for little, light items! The freight re volume / weight can be scary. I'd go to a glazier here and ask for a copy re your mirror. You may be surprised at the similar cost.

KL

orchidlanedecor.com said...

Oh me too, I lust after their goodies, lol! I just try to find the nearest looking thing to what I'm after and diy it to the best of by ability. Thanks for the Pottery Barn tip, now I have to check it out :)

Suzy xxx

Ez said...

I'm pretty sure most of the american decor I have seen is made for me! hence why I should go there and check it out! lol

x

Melinda said...

Check out Recollections/Early Settler - they have a hinged mirror just like this for a fraction of the cost.

Jane said...

I sure do love some of the US stuff. Anthropology is great too, and shabby apple has nice stuff. I'm yet to buy anything though. You would be SO brave if you bought a mirror and had it shipped from overseas. have a happy day Trish. Jane x

Unknown said...

Me too, the US just seem to have so many options when it comes to home decor. Their selection of tapware, door hardware etc is so much nicer and reasonably priced. Unfortunately the freight isn't. xx

ms.composure said...

wow i love that mirror!!!

http://infinitelifefitness.com
http://mscomposure.blogspot.com

Melissah said...

Trish, I'm a designer & I'm out and about shopping for clients every week & I haven't seen anything like this on my travels.
May just have to bite the bullet it & ship it over. Hopefully someone else will have some good tips!
x
Melissah from Scrapbook

Tara said...

I'd love a pottery Barn over here..Ikea's here, so come on Pottery barn make the move!!..xx

Mimi said...

Oh that mirror is gorgeous Trish! I'm heading over to Pottery Barn via google I mean. Mimi xx

Tracy Adams said...

check out www.ovalandroundmirrors.com they have a lot of mirrors also.

AddThis Smart Layers