Come on a journey of inspiration & adventure while renovate & restore a beautiful Victorian home 'St Elmo' in the picturesque Hunter Valley, Australia & laugh at a few of our family adventures along the way.




Saturday, January 28, 2012

One month down


Well its the end of January already, all major celebrations are over, the school holidays are ending & most new years resolutions will have been forgotten...
OR HAVE THEY!!!!

Not for me, Im still powering on...full steam ahead I say....
Look I will show you!

Here we are at Week 4 over at
& the challenge this week was "Daily Routine" & although this isn't exactly my daily routine, it is my goal to make it just that.
How often do you exercise?
I have done some form of exercise 3 x a week for the month of January, but I plan to step it up to 4-5 x a week in Feb.
Just gotta improve my diet & i will be a "yummy mummy" before I know it!!


I am really pleased that I have stuck with it so far...remember one of my goals was to exercise consistently...so....one month down....eleven to go!!!


One of my other goals was to get more creative & of course skillful with my camera.
These photo challenges have been very motivating. Having a theme to prompt you each week really does get you thinking & I have to say, I am really enjoying it so far....it's not to late to join in if its something you have been thinking about. You don't have to have a fancy camera or any great skills, some even just use their iPhone.
I find I have really taken a lot more notice of what goes on around me & how we live as a family because of these challenges & I think that's the part of  I am enjoying most!!!

project 52 p52 my3boybarians.com

The theme this week over at
was "Self portrait"
& seen as though we celebrated Australia Day this week I thought it would be the best time to take a mug shot of me!


We have an annual BBQ with family & friends.
 We have the same core group of people at the party, all people from our old home town, that have also relocated here to The Hunter Valley  & we try to have someone different from that group host the BBQ each year &then  they invite a few extras from their circle of friends.
This year was at my sisters house, you all know Erin from her blog
I am hoping its my turn again next year, I do love having a good excuse for some decorating!!!
It is always a fantastic day with lots of fun food & games, like back yard cricket & of course your Aussie themed hats, glasses & any other accessories you can get your hands on...


My family  refused to pose for a photo & this is all I got from dream child no4.

I hope all of my fellow Aussies enjoyed some great Australia Day festivities.

Have a great weekend everyone!

CHEERS
Trish xxx

6 comments:

Laura said...

well done trish for sticking to your workout plan, thats excellent! Love your self portrait too! very patriotic!!!
Laura xxx

Ange said...

So nice to see you Trish! (digging those sunnies btw).
I'm not an Aussie but did enjoy a nice day off with friends...any excuse haha
Angex

simmone said...

Can't believe we're one month down already!Sounds like you had a lovely Australia Day.Love your pic as well!

Ez said...

Loving your pics!

Australia Day was such a fun day! Thanks so much for coming!!

x

Anonymous said...

I seriously think January went by in the blink of an eye! Yay for sticking to exercise plans, and good for you for upping it up even a little further this month! Thanks so much for linking up!

Letitia Linke - The White Shed said...

I am sticking to my routine too. Treadmill 2 days, gym another 2 and feeling so good for it! xx

AddThis Smart Layers