Come on a journey of inspiration & adventure while renovate & restore a beautiful Victorian home 'St Elmo' in the picturesque Hunter Valley, Australia & laugh at a few of our family adventures along the way.




Thursday, March 1, 2012

Inspirational Entertaining Designs

We have an open plan kitchen, meals, living area in the dream house.
I have been seeking inspiration as well as drawing up a few sketches to try & make the whole TV & computer nook fit nicely into the decor without being to much of an eyesore.



Normally I would just shove the computers off into another room keeping it all out of view, but because we have young children  & they learn to be so technology savvy through school these days, I really want the computer to be where I am able some form of watchful eye peeking over their shoulder reguarly, so the main living space it is!!!



I think if the joinery is the same style as the kitchen & there are plenty of doors to hide the unattractive but necessary stuff ,as well as some open shelving to create a few vignettes , adding some style, I might just get away with it....
That is if I can NAG teach my kids to keep things tidy!!!




I love this idea from BDG style, simple yet stylish, dont you think?


Not to mention that the colour scheme is also right up my alley.

Do you have any fabulous suggestions or ideas from your own home you can share with me?

CHEERS
Trish xxx

5 comments:

Belle Inspirations said...

Loving those images trish very inspiring...Have a Beautiful day xx

KL said...

This really is a very practical and inspiring room. Planning out all the tiny details and being honest about how YOU live and strategising accordingly is the way to go. I always find a laptop in the kitchen (attached to a rotating circuit of family members) so plan on catering for that when the main kitchen is built upstairs. I created a nook for each child in their bedrooms but they dont get used and have been used as makeup areas! So good luck with your planning.
x kl

Laura said...

hi trish, great room and a great idea to keep computers nearby! definently keep the same joinery i think, but dont really have any other tips.. except for some good headphones! My kids have dreadful taste in music and I just cant bare listening to that rubbish!!! look forward to seeing your plans and finished space! hope you have a fab weekend!!
laura xx

HMB said...

We have a space like that in our open kitchen area. If u email me I will send u a picture. I love our space! U can find me at hb72@hotmail.co.uk

Letitia Linke - The White Shed said...

Looks great Trish! X

AddThis Smart Layers