Come on a journey of inspiration & adventure while renovate & restore a beautiful Victorian home 'St Elmo' in the picturesque Hunter Valley, Australia & laugh at a few of our family adventures along the way.




Friday, June 8, 2012

Fireplace Fantasy

Source Classic chic home

With winter well and truly upon us here in Australia I am back to dreaming of romantic bedroom fireplaces.

Source Wicker & Stitch


Source House of Turquoise

This is how I would need it to look at my house as we are that terrible couple that have a tv in the bedroom...

Source unknown

I love black & white schemes, they are always so so stylish!


Source Red door home

I know this isn't exactly a bedroom image, but I am really loving this look at the moment, all of that crisp, clean white , softened by some stone.

 Its very cosy & inviting don't you think!

What does the cold weather leave you wishing for?

Have a great weekend everyone & thanks for dropping by!!!

CHEERS
Trish xxx


9 comments:

Unknown said...

Love a good fireplace. We don't have any :(

Rowantree Design said...

Hi just popped on over to your blog. Hmmmm I could use a fire place today. Very chilly weekend. I love the thought of a fire place, romantic, welcoming and let's face it the perfect place to cozy up with a glass of wine. Your house plans sound exciting, enjoy the journey. You'll need a few warm fires in the Hunter. I have nearly completed a renovation of a fibro beach shack on the central coast, I hope you pop on over and say hi. X. Am following you to stay in tune with your house progress.

KL said...

Still planning a fireplace upstairs here...love these inspiring piccies! It's very cold here, wouldn't it be perfection to snuggle up in bed with a fire raging near you?
x KL

The Decorating Emporium said...

Oooh, I just love that first image, even without the fireplace.

We can't really justify a fireplace here, but would love to have one just to look at. Maybe next time!

M
x

Beautiful House said...

Loving those fire places too Trish, I have a huge mirror in my room like one of your pics, and a TV. Hope your long weekend was lovely, mine was spent at a basketball tournament, had lots of fun though.x

Viera said...

isn't it nice to sit in front of the fire in a weather we just have here in Brisbane.
X
V

B is building a house said...

I'm wishing we had a gas heater. We've got a gas connection, and a gas point for the heater... but just need to decide which one to get :(

Love the first photo :)

B

Letitia Linke - The White Shed said...

I am desperate for one in our living space! xx

TINA KENT said...

A fireplace in the bedroom would be lovely! Great inspiration. LovT
www.ladychatterleysaffair.com

AddThis Smart Layers